seven o'clock in the morning, Thursday, November 12 two thousand and nine. Twenty years, two days and a few hours ago the Berlin Wall fell. The world remembers that event. Twenty-five December, the world commemorates the birth of baby Jesus. The twenty-seventh the discovery of Auschwitz in January. Apparently, the world knows what to remember and never forget to do so. According to what some have called the world are the people, others are the states, others are multinationals. Some have said that the world is us. Others have already said that, in fact, any definition of the world is for someone and for some purpose. Faced with these 'said' some have concluded that of the two, or the man or say they are too. In some postscript added that this had already been said. Faced with this, I feel like that from someone. Let me add something: of course have said, but it is worth emphasizing. I feel dissatisfied. I will not try to provide some reasons why you are wasted on this mountain of words. Do not try to understand what I'm supposed to make us why libraries are full of ideas about it. I wondered how it feels if you did not know that someone has explained better. At this point I can cite those who have said: I'm stuck.
a strange thing happens. I get up and go to the bathroom. When I return, such as science books illustrate, I feel better. But do more. I raise the temperature of the heater. I guess even that soon will be breakfast time and, coming from the kitchen with a cup of coffee will appreciate the melting sugar in the blood and their stimulating effect on brain cells. What alternatives exist, after all? The requirements are not lacking, but as they said, it seems difficult to follow ideas that go against his stomach. At this point, something has changed. Alzatomi to go to the bathroom, I returned materialistic.
As noted by scientists, there are requirements from which we can not neglect if we are to survive. This does not mean that the needs mean something. Someone, in this regard, said existence precedes essence. It means that there is nothing that is born with the label attached on which it is required to use. Needs are what people make of it. Our needs become what we learn to let them be. On the one hand there is the world naked, without words, without meaning, things as they exist independent of the vocabulary we use to describe them. Secondly there is the social reality: the world dressed in words full of meaning, vocabulary through which we read the things that surround us. There is an ocean words on how the two worlds interact and how can their existence. For now, I do not care about these positions, I am only interested the idea behind it all: it is said that the reality we see is necessarily so. It might not be. What we see is not really necessary, no one has ever imposed for those meanings. There is a knife, the external, independent of us and there are its meanings, from the image with which it comes in our mind sharp instrument to cut the meat, a weapon to kill. The knife could also be a new type of hat, as if some labels were running fashion. Think of the knife is an example to engage the center of the argument. Our reality is so everyday, predictable, automatic, that we forget who we are to create it. It could also be different. It could be countless others. This does not mean that you just put a knife in his head to make it a hat. The meanings are rooted among people. Change is not easy. The meanings are like a path in a field of tall grass. At ground zero there is only grass. Then comes a first person who wants to cross the field, then look for the best way to do it. Pushing through with the thorns and scratches, but eventually got over it. Then comes a second person to do the same. He sees that there is already a track and try to follow it. Maybe some part of the path changes, scratched a bit 'less and get the other side. Then there comes a third, fourth and so on. Two thousand years later that path has become a highway. Putting a knife in his head these days is like trying to walk on his hands from Milan to Bologna, passing through the cornfields. It 'almost impossible for someone to follow you. Unless the highway does not begin to be a path problem. Then people begin to exit the highway and look for new ways, such as when there is a column.
I am unhappy. I imagine that there are existential motives in this, but I do not deny the reality in which I live, with the meanings that, to contribute to this dissatisfaction. That does not mean the system sucks and should be thrown away. It does not mean that I started walking on his hands. It means that the highway when we entered seems to show problems. The problems are the contradictory, the inconsistency of meanings. One above all: the environment. The lifestyle we have, we, today, is not sustainable by the world's population. Is not sustainable for the environment because it means destruction. We begin to suspect that soon will not be sustainable even for us. The meanings are contradictory discourses on the environment. The states with advanced economies admit the right to development and equality on a global scale, but, in view of the climate summit in Copenhagen, seek to limit the processes of industrialization in emerging economies because they increase the greenhouse gases. Emerging economies are trying to imitate the western model of development, but it also includes the negative aspects of that model: the pollution. We are among the world's largest producers of greenhouse gases. To support our economies, we are forced to pollute. The other, why not come to pollute as we have to brake the economy. It is said that all states must help in the fight to reduce pollution, reduce emissions but allows states with similar proportions advanced to win the largest share of pollution, it means to claim the right to pollute more than others. And 'This is a form of equality or equal access to development for all?
I have the impression that many people are dissatisfied. The problem is that we have a strong dependence on the path. We sit in our cars entered in a column that always proceeds more slowly. It's worth out of the highway? You can not say. Collateral damage that other pathways? After all, the highway has brought us this far, nourishes us, gave us the rights we have today, we can go wherever we want. They are not little things. But there are problems. They are not problems created by some evil that rules the world for us be sad, because she gets to see us suffer. Is not the fault of multinational corporations. It is not the fault of Berlusconi. No more than it is our fault. Someone said that there are three types of violence. There is direct violence, the one that everybody sees. There is structural violence, the set of conditions that lead to direct violence. Then there is the cultural violence which is what leads people to direct violence as normal and legitimate the structural one. We are all part of one reality and its problems: we, Berlusconi and the multinationals. Some may say that the difference is voluntary. Some people do it on purpose (Berlusconi and multinationals) and those who did not know or is forced. Makes a difference? The ordinary man (or coerced ignorant) can claim a cleaner conscience only because it authorizes someone to do the dirty work for him?
My proposal is to undertake major actions of revolt. I know nothing of this world. The only thing I'm pretty sure that is not necessarily how things have to go. Could be better. Could have been worse. We can not know. This means that I do not think either optimism or pessimism in saying that things will get better or worse. But I hope that man can improve. Better not imply nothing absolute is a relative term. It means that the wound was hurting yesterday that today is a bit 'less bad. From this point of view all have some 'hope, desire to live again tomorrow because it might be a better day. I am counting on the possibility of human influence that little improvement. How? Someone said it must be the change you wish to see in the world. It means that changing the reality we must start with ourselves. It also means that basically, there is no difference between means and ends. Every means is an end in itself. We, our thoughts, our words, our actions are the means, but we are also the end. We can be the biggest change for ourselves. By changing ourselves we can change the reality we live in to make it a means to an end. In itself is not complicated, it is an internal change that is reflected in reality. We, today, the reality of which we feel dissatisfied. It is not the only one. We are not unique. The reality is that we see through the filter of the meanings which we live. There are countless others that go beyond the current and meanings that are found naked in the world in which new meanings are to be built. The meanings of our reality have shown their limitations, we can create a new vocabulary, new ideas, new actions, a new reality. It is not difficult. We can do it, just start. We can start from here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment