Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Knight Rider Diagrams

Concettina

They called me a week ago.
but shrill voice was uncertain. Her name was Concetta, told me once, and worked for a company I can not remember the name. Now I'm working in this company and yet not remember the name. I do not remember because every phone call made or should I use a different one. Just is not so that I do not remember it, but I do not know. Here, I do not know at all. Come to think carefully: I never knew.
not know the name of the company where a week job. Here, you must be precise when it comes to nothing. The risk of being misunderstood is very high; taught me Dr. Toad.

Concettina told me that his organization, I do not know that he used circumlocutions, seeking employees. I was unemployed and devoid of ideas, so I went to the interview. It was a very brief chat: Dr. Toad asked me if I loved cats, and I said yes. Then he asked me if I had ever owned in my life, a red cat named Tim. I said no. Dr. Toad sat silent and stared at me intently. I, with slight embarrassment, I asked him if the answer was right and he smiled cheerfully: "There are no right answers, boy."
I took.
Dr. Toad told me that the job was to call the prospective employees (everyone is a potential employee) to propose to them a profitable occupation. I knew immediately to be done immediately to the upper floors, the conceptual plans, plans Concettina. Imagined that if I liked it so much for me to jump directly to a management role, not even Dr. Toad would have never had a red cat named Tim.

work was not hard. I had to stay for eight hours at my desk, with plastic panels to be separated from colleagues, and I had to call. I was assigned a common, not even remember which one. Telephone book in hand I would have to contact every household to ask if anyone was interested in a job.
I had a list with 100 names of companies and I alternate them: once phoned on behalf of the Toads packaging. Then Toad the funeral home. Or countless NonNecessariamente Toad. Or maybe Toad Toad & real estate. Brothers Toad Records, AuTOADmobili, Toad assisted procreation and so on.
was fun, but potentially annoying at times challenging. Sometimes I would bet on how many seconds it lasted, I wrote them on a paper towel and then watching the numbers scroll on the dial of the phone. Always won when I was small, because in fact I was not very successful and often do not even let me finish the initial motto and hang up. But every so often someone would accept, they realize with slight advance by measuring the anxiety with which to respond. When you have an interest, even if weak, press the red button on my phone and passed the call to 5, where Dr. Toad schedule an appointment. Just as he had done with me.

passed this way a few days. Until a young man, in the tone and accent of rich spoiled skeptical, asked me what does our company. I replied that I, for example, I was hired and was immediately passed to the recruitment department. I also told him that stood in the room where the walls of plastic that was my office, there were at least another hundred similar niches, and that all my colleagues took care to search for new staff.
"Yes," he said. "But the staff at the end, what will I do?"
I could not answer and I thought that not everyone is lucky enough to skip the ranks. But, seeing him as a some interest, it passed without a word within 5.
Since that day, then it was yesterday, but was born in me an unexpected question. I opened the drawer and took out the contract of appointment with my signature below. There was no company name nor any references to productive activities. The only name on the paper was that of Dr. Toad.
I went to him.

"Hello Dr. Toad." I said. "I have a couple of questions to ask."
"Tell me as well." He replied, with his fine and blasé air like a lord. "Tell me as well." He looked at his watch, to let me know immediately you do not have much time.
"Excuse me, eh, but I wanted to ask what it deals with our company?"
"to procure staff." He smiled, amazed at my naivety. "Why, when you call what he does?" I asked. "He sells maybe encyclopedias?"
"No, that's it." I stammered. "The point is that the raised-hands making them rotate on their own to explain the circularity of my thoughts-in short, we procured staff but even then such persons must serve some purpose?"
Dr. Toad smiled. "Sure." It seemed to be starting a long lecture. But then remained silent and stared at me as if this meant that certain that it was possible to say.
Then I looked at him quizzically and slammed his eyes: "What?"
"What ... what?" He sneered.
"What are they doing?" Dr. Toad
expressed genuine amazement. "Who?"
"The new hires." I said I, a little 'angry.
Dr. Toad opened her arms and stroked his belly, sliding his hand under the double-breasted beige. "What she said." And he smiled again. It seemed that his smile REACHED each time at maximum aperture, but out of every syllable is expanded further. I thought that if we were in that room for two days to speak, his smile could lick the walls and fill the space.
"What she said." He repeated. "Procure staff."
"Ok, ok." I said, it's me again, trying to rearrange ideas. "Ok. But this staff will have to do something, sooner or later. Now, I know that she will say, procure new staff. But this is a non-answer, in short ... does not apply. The company would not be standing, would not make sense. So tell me, seriously: What does the new recruits? "
Dr. Toad smiled and pressed her to say against each other, making them pop, then looked at his watch and bored, turning back to me, enlarged the diameter of its hugely ridiculous smile. "They take care of procuring new staff." He said with punctuality, opening his arms joyously. "Please excuse me now." He added. "But I have an appointment." And as I left his office, greeting him, he never stopped smiling.

Here.
Now I'm here. In front of the phone. I have the list in his hands and smell the scent of recycled paper. I tell myself that I should draw more attention to Dr. Toad, but then I think its absurd to smile and I get back to work. Dial the number of a last name that I do not even appropriate. As I prepare to roll out the usual litany, I chose the Toad NonNecessariamente religious products-I realize that the voice on the other end of the line does not seem entirely new.
finish to speak: "Our company ... new personal interview ... ... and so on."
"Yes thanks, I'm concerned." Responds.
Right now I recognize. It is her. Yes, that's her. I remember his tone. Outcome, because in fact I remember it slightly differently. Then go up the right index finger to the red button. Then hesitated again. I'm going to crush, I'm going to pass it within 5. I caress the shiny plastic, but before I finally push the courage to ask my question: "Excuse me." He stammered. "Would you mind tell me your name? "
A long moment of silence, which I think I have already experienced countless times, then his voice speaks again, but it is uncertain tone.
"My name is Concettina." Dice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment